In these activities, we're going to read some newspaper articles published online to explore another issue related to online safety: phone blackmail (or telephone extortion).
1. Choose only one of the short articles below. They are all in Spanish.
2. Read the article and answer these questions in English:
a. What connexions can you establish between phone blackmail cases
in Argentina and the online safety cases you read and watched hereand here?
b. Are there any similarities/differences between phone blackmail
and other types of computer crime?
c. If you got a phone call from a blackmailer, what would you do?
What should you do?
2. Surf the Internet and find a newspaper/magazine article about online safety in Argentina. On this website, you'll find a list of the main Argentinian newspapers.
- Read the article and write a short comment about it in English.
- Share the article (include a link to the article you chose) and your comment about it with your classmates: Post everything in a comment on this blog.